[petsc-dev] dates of last change on PETSc web pages

Sean Farley sean at mcs.anl.gov
Tue Mar 20 21:59:45 CDT 2012

> I thought you had some mechanism to get the date from Mecurial and put it
> into the page automatically. Did you or did you not have that?

Oh, I think I see why I was confused now. I was talking about having a
place holder (i.e. something like <div id="modified"></div>) in each page
and that something would need to insert the output of $(hg log -l 1
--template '{date|dateiso}'). If I added javascript to the page then it
would just get the date from a webservice ... which is pretty much
worthless because the content wouldn't necessarily match the date.

Editing the pages is no biggie, Jed can give you a perl one liner to put
> the chunk of stuff you need added to each page.

So you want the dates stored permanently in each webpage under
src/docs/website (which would alter the commit history)?