[petsc-dev] I do not think this is the right solution

Jed Brown jedbrown at mcs.anl.gov
Sun Mar 18 20:57:42 CDT 2012

On Sun, Mar 18, 2012 at 20:50, Matthew Knepley <knepley at gmail.com> wrote:

> Oh, vastly complicate my code, so that I can do something equivalent to
> what I get in a few lines. Please
> reconsider further coding suggestions.

I gave this suggestion before looking at how you were using it, either of
my other suggestions would trivial within your current code.

Note that your current solution relies on the user (or another program
running a diff) to compare for a specific instance where as this allows the
running code to check in a self-contained way. I'm not saying one is better
than the other here, just that there are merits to both.