[petsc-dev] Reminder: *every* symbol with extern linkage *must* be namespaced

Jed Brown jedbrown at mcs.anl.gov
Sat Mar 17 16:08:47 CDT 2012

On Sat, Mar 17, 2012 at 16:04, Matthew Knepley <knepley at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sat, Mar 17, 2012 at 3:49 PM, Barry Smith <bsmith at mcs.anl.gov> wrote:
>

>>  It should be done as a --download-tetgen
>>
>>  I don't want that --with-gnu-copyright approach reintroduced.
>

> 1) I already fixed these symbols hours ago. Pull your fucking repository.
>
> 2) Turn it on with a download option. I don't give a shit.

This has nothing to do with namespaces, it has to do with software
licenses. You just included a bunch of source that has a license which is
far more restrictive than the PETSc license. You can't do that (while
keeping the PETSc license) without making its use optional. Barry wants
that done via an external package instead of an option within the PETSc
source tree.