[petsc-dev] Calls to DMCreateFieldIS missing from fieldsplit.c

Jed Brown jedbrown at mcs.anl.gov
Fri Mar 16 15:12:08 CDT 2012

On Fri, Mar 16, 2012 at 15:06, Jed Brown <jedbrown at mcs.anl.gov> wrote:

> The code is totally different. I'll fix it.

The type (const char ***) is also incorrect for this semantic.

Unfortunately, C++ forces us to cast to void* just to implement PetscFree()
and that discards const. If we could write in C, we could use the implicit
conversion to void* without discarding const.

There are workarounds like

#define PetscCast(type,var) static_cast<type>(var)

that would not discard the const qualifier.