[petsc-dev] petsc release soon

Jed Brown jedbrown at mcs.anl.gov
Mon Mar 12 14:39:01 CDT 2012

On Mon, Mar 12, 2012 at 14:24, Barry Smith <bsmith at mcs.anl.gov> wrote:

> The problem is we dump all the petscvec.h etc crap also at /usr/include
> PLUS there would be stuff in /usr/include/petsc/*.h   this is confusing.
> Why is some inside and why some outside? This is why I said Jed's model of
> standard usage didn't work for us.

Okay, so if we only had petsc.h, we would do prefix/include/petsc.h and
prefix/include/petsc/<private-headers>, but because we have more than one
public header, we need to name it prefix/include/petsc-private/ so people
don't get confused. I don't think there's actually much risk confusion
because plenty of other packages do it this way, but we can name it
petsc-private if you prefer.