[petsc-dev] LSC question

Jed Brown jedbrown at mcs.anl.gov
Fri Mar 9 16:03:58 CST 2012

On Fri, Mar 9, 2012 at 11:05, Barry Smith <bsmith at mcs.anl.gov> wrote:

>    I will suggest the following approach. Attach various L to the original
> Jacobian with a different name for each. In your case L_displacement  and
> L_pressure, have PCFIELDSPLIT propagate them to the Schur matrix.  Then
> have  -prefixfromfieldsplit_pc_type lsc -prefixfromfieldplit_lsc_name
> L_displacement to tell LSC which one to use.
>
>   Barry
>
> Not perfect since the user could name the wrong lsc for the Schur index
> sets used but it is better than nothing.

It's also shameful that it doesn't compose (how does the user know to
compose under the name
"fieldsplit_outervariable_mg_levels_4_fieldsplit_pressure_LSC_Lp"?) so I
just used the field name corresponding to the Schur complement (so the user
would compose under "pressure_LSC_L" and "pressure_LSC_Lp"). This looks at
both the primary and secondary matrices for LSC_L and LSC_Lp.

http://petsc.cs.iit.edu/petsc/petsc-dev/rev/61b7754a64fa