[petsc-dev] LSC question

Jed Brown jedbrown at mcs.anl.gov
Thu Mar 8 15:31:26 CST 2012

On Thu, Mar 8, 2012 at 15:23, Barry Smith <bsmith at mcs.anl.gov> wrote:

>     ierr = PCLSCAllocate_Private(pc);CHKERRQ(ierr);
>  ierr =
> PetscObjectQuery((PetscObject)pc->pmat,"LSC_L",(PetscObject*)&L);CHKERRQ(ierr);
>  ierr =
> PetscObjectQuery((PetscObject)pc->pmat,"LSC_Lp",(PetscObject*)&Lp);CHKERRQ(ierr);
>

> It uses pc->pmat in both places. Is this really what you want? Wouldn't
> you sometimes want mat?

This is just attached data for an auxiliary operator that should have some
properties that relate somehow to the original operator. The whole
interface is dirty, but I don't know a better approach (although this one
could have a proper API). You could put these auxiliary operators anywhere,
but I think attaching both to the preconditioning operator is natural. I
don't mind if you want it to look other places for these things.