[petsc-dev] (no subject)

Jed Brown jedbrown at mcs.anl.gov
Sun Mar 4 08:19:57 CST 2012

On Sun, Mar 4, 2012 at 07:07, Chen S <chensp2602 at gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm building an example in PFLOTRAN (a program which uses PETSC),
> and I get the following PETSC errors:
> "No support for this operation for this object type!
> Matrix format mpibaij does not have  a built-in PETSc LU!"

There is not a parallel direct solve for BAIJ. You can do it on overlapping
subdomains using -pc_type asm -sub_pc_type lu or you can do it in parallel
using AIJ with -pc_type lu -pc_factor_mat_solver_package mumps (or
superlu_dist or pastix; use --download-mumps, etc to install these
packages).

> then it gives me a list of specific errors in the code, the first one is :
> "PETSC ERROR: MatGetFactor() line 3985 in
> src/mat/interface/C:\cygwin\home\PETSC-~4\src\mat\INTERF~1\matrix.c"

Send the entire error message.