[petsc-dev] Regression tests

Gerard Gorman g.gorman at imperial.ac.uk
Sat Jul 28 06:53:12 CDT 2012

Slightly off topic - but I have Buildbot set up locally to keep an eye
on petsc-dev and various branches of petsc that I care about (if you are
curious see http://stereolab.ese.ic.ac.uk:8080/waterfall - knock
yourself out with the force build button if you wish)

Because this is a bot, 99% of time I only care about "pass", "fail" ($?
!= 0 is counted as a fail), "warning". For the testharness in our own
application code we just parse the output of unit tests for "pass",
"fail" and "warning" and list the tests that gave a warning or fail at
the end so a developer can take a closer look. I would like to do a
similar grepping for PETSc tests. Are the tests messages standardised so
I can do this? At first glance I have:

"pass" == "run successfully with"
"warning" == "Possible problem with"
"fail" == "mpiexec not found" or $? != 0

Cheers
Gerard