[petsc-dev] DMSetDefaultSection destroys old sections

Chris Eldred chris.eldred at gmail.com
Thu Aug 30 17:00:44 CDT 2012

I am using DMSetDefaultSection and DMCreateLocalVector to create
vectors in my code, but errors are occurring because
DMSetDefaultSection destroys old sections. My usage pattern is

for each variable
call DMSetDefaultSection
call DMCreateLocalVector

which fails if there is more than one 1 variable that uses the same
section since the sections are being destroyed when a new one is set.
Is there a reason for this behavior in DMSetDefaultSection (ie can a
version of DMSetDefaultSection that does not destroy the old sections
be provided)?

--
Chris Eldred
DOE Computational Science Graduate Fellow
chris.eldred at gmail.com