[petsc-dev] Ghost values in sieve

Chris Eldred chris.eldred at gmail.com
Sat Aug 18 16:11:52 CDT 2012

Yes I think that makes sense. How do you access the associated PetscSF
for the DMComplex? Is it possible to define multiple PetscSF's for a
given DMComplex, each associated with different PetscSections?

My current understanding of using DMComplex is (for the serial case):

1) Create a DMComplex object, set its cones/supports, etc.
2) Create PetscSections that describe the layout of data across the DMComplex
3) Set a PetscSection as the default section
4) Use DMCreateLocalVector to create the Vec objects needed for the computation

Is this correct?

In the parallel case, what else needs to be done?

-Chris

chris.eldred at gmail.com