[petsc-dev] What needs to be done before a release?

Blaise Bourdin bourdin at lsu.edu
Mon Apr 30 10:37:42 CDT 2012

Hi,

I know I suggested it before and the idea did not get much traction, but it would be _really_
nice to add Real and Integer arrays to PetscBag. The idea is _not_ to add full fields in a bag.
Instead, I would like to be able to pass material properties as command line arguments in a concise way.
(Think of a Hooke's law in 3d and its 21 coefficients, passing it as -a 1,1,1,1,1,... is much nicer than
having to pass -a_1111 1 -a 1122 1 etc).

Also, fortran wrappers over PetscOptionsEnum and PetscBagRegisterEnum would be nice. I understand that it
is a bit tricky since it involves passing fortran arrays of strings.

Blaise

--
Department of Mathematics and Center for Computation & Technology
Louisiana State University, Baton Rouge, LA 70803, USA