[petsc-dev] Detecting MPI_C_DOUBLE_COMPLEX when clanguage!='C'

Jed Brown jedbrown at mcs.anl.gov
Tue Apr 24 07:19:24 CDT 2012

On Tue, Apr 24, 2012 at 07:15, Matthew Knepley <knepley at gmail.com> wrote:

> Of course don't fix it. Who do these guys work for, Sandia?

They could fix it as an extension in MPICH2, but it would have to be added
to the standard for us to rely on it. Considering that we still can't use
anything past MPI-1.1, we won't be able to remove the hacks for a long
time. This is not to say that it isn't worth fixing, just that your
daughter will be in college by the time the fix can be assumed by callers.