[petsc-dev] pip cannot currently automatically download and install petsc on OS X

Aron Ahmadia aron.ahmadia at kaust.edu.sa
Wed Apr 18 07:47:18 CDT 2012

The mpif90 on OS X.3-6 is a non-functional little script installed by the
OpenMPI folks that mpi4py happily picks up and reports as installed.  We
need to patch mpi4py to correctly detect this little piece of
disfunctionality as non-existent.

sudo rm /usr/bin/mpif90 and a reinstall of mpi4py fixes that issue :)