[petsc-dev] Problem mixing sieve and TS

Jed Brown jedbrown at mcs.anl.gov
Wed Oct 26 23:52:40 CDT 2011

On Wed, Oct 26, 2011 at 22:44, Paul Sicsic <paul.sicsic at polytechnique.edu>wrote:

> Can you show the value of ark->shift and arkimex.c:713,
>>
> It is inf
> (gdb) p ark->shift
> $3 = inf

Something must have computed a step size of 0 (or we're doing the wrong
thing with a method that has explicit stages; we are changing some things
with that). Of the recent methods that we have been playing with, I would
recommend starting with "-ts_type rosw -ts_rosw_type ra3pw" or "-ts_type
rosw -ts_rosw_type ra34pw2", both of which have nice stability properties,
good error estimates, and are more permissive than the ARKs about how you
write your equations.