[petsc-dev] TSSolve() shouldn't return a time

Jed Brown jedbrown at mcs.anl.gov
Sun Oct 23 16:20:18 CDT 2011

On Sun, Oct 23, 2011 at 16:15, Matthew Knepley <knepley at gmail.com> wrote:

> TSSetExactFinalTime() ?
>>

> This I think is probably alright. I assume it means "give me the closest
> time to this one that I can
> get without interpolating".

TSSetExactFinalTime(ts,TRUE) means that the returned solution will be
exactly at the requested final time. Usually this is done by stepping over
the final time and interpolating, but the user doesn't need to think about
that.

TSSetExactFinalTime(ts,FALSE), currently the default (but maybe that should
be changed), steps past the requested final time and does not interpolate
back. This is useful if you want to do a given amount of work or just want
to look at the time series without inspecting an exact future time.