[petsc-dev] I hate Mecurial

Barry Smith bsmith at mcs.anl.gov
Sat Oct 8 12:40:57 CDT 2011

On Oct 8, 2011, at 12:36 PM, Sean Farley wrote:

> What the fuck? Why cannot it not provide some useful information on what I need to do??????  This absolutely sucks!!!!
>
> "abort: outstanding uncommitted changes"
>
> First, you need to update mercurial to 1.9.3. Then try and see if that works better. Alternatively, you can try the shelve or attic extensions:

   The first answer out of Sean's mouth whenever something goes wrong with Mecurial is shelve/attic, why am I not surprised.

   Now I ignore the answer because I actually have no uncommitted changes and don't want to shelve or attic anything.

   Now I wait for next knee-jerk response from Mecurial lovers/haters. Knowing again it is likely unhelpful.

   Barry