[petsc-dev] snes/examples/tutorials/ex27.c

Jed Brown jedbrown at mcs.anl.gov
Tue Nov 15 15:25:38 CST 2011

http://petsc.cs.iit.edu/petsc/petsc-dev/rev/c3192eb7cd93

I would rather not delete this example because it is the example code
accompanying a paper that I like. I wrote essentially the same thing in
ts/examples/tutorials/ex26.c (which uses TSPseudo), but having the simple,
executable example that exactly reproduces the figure in the paper is still
useful. Using TS is somewhat less clear because you have to look at library
code to see the algorithm, but I could also live with simply documenting
how to get the same results with ts/.../ex26.c.

Preference?

As a general rule, many elliptic problems arise as the steady state of some
dynamical system. If we write the code using the TS interface, then we can
always solve the steady problem by taking an infinite step size with
nonlinearly implicit Euler. Should we recommend that all such problems be
written using the TS interface?