[petsc-dev] Bug in MatMatMultTranspose for sequantial AIJ matrices from petsc-dev?

Jed Brown jedbrown at mcs.anl.gov
Wed Nov 9 08:42:32 CST 2011

On Wed, Nov 9, 2011 at 08:12, Stefano Zampini <stefano.zampini at gmail.com>wrote:

> I had some problems using MatMatMultTranspose for SeqAIJ matrices. It
> seems to me that MatMatMultTranspose(A,B,...,MAT_INITIAL_MATRIX,&C), which
> should perform C=A^T*B according to the web pages, doesn't its job.

petsc-dev has several new MatMatMult routines, so we had to rename some of
these functions for consistency. The function you name does not exist any
more, it is replaced by MatTransposeMatMult(), and there is a new
MatMatTransposeMult().

http://lists.mcs.anl.gov/pipermail/petsc-dev/2011-November/006213.html

Hong, please update src/docs/website/documentation/changes/dev.html when
you make API changes.