[petsc-dev] [petsc-users] Is it possible to add KLU to petsc as external solver package?

Barry Smith bsmith at mcs.anl.gov
Sat Nov 5 13:31:12 CDT 2011

On Nov 5, 2011, at 1:08 PM, Jed Brown wrote:

> On Sat, Nov 5, 2011 at 11:56, Barry Smith <bsmith at mcs.anl.gov> wrote:
>  I think it is likely find to change umfpack.py to suitesparse.py and have only a --download-suitesparse
>
>  I don't think it is worth our while to try to manage various downloads of parts of it as well as the whole thing.
>
> Fine, but how should we manage --with-umfpack-dir=/users/path/to/just/umfpack ?

  I can live without supporting that.

   I don't view it as our job to do tons of extra work to work around silly design decisions by other library developers. I'm willing to do a little work but only if it is needed to ADD FUNCTIONALITY and use support this doesn't add functionality just makes someone elses life a little easier.

   Barry