[petsc-dev] petsc-dev: ASM with sbaij matrix and block size=1 broken?

Jed Brown jedbrown at mcs.anl.gov
Fri Nov 4 22:33:08 CDT 2011

On Fri, Nov 4, 2011 at 21:15, Barry Smith <bsmith at mcs.anl.gov> wrote:

> If the door is a push door then why the hell would you put a pull handle
> on it?

Who don't you ask the guy who bolted the handle on the first-floor door at
MCS.

> So why list a useless number right before the useful number (that is a
> sign of bad design) just skip the useless number.

I agree and there isn't even a simple way to configure hg to not print the
useless number. I asked about this on #mercurial and didn't get much
response ("the documentation says not to send the useless number around"),
but perhaps we should file a real bug report instead.