[petsc-dev] Questions about MatMatTransposeMult/MatMatMultTranspose

Jed Brown jedbrown at mcs.anl.gov
Tue Nov 1 12:40:21 CDT 2011

On Tue, Nov 1, 2011 at 11:28, Dmitry Karpeev <karpeev at mcs.anl.gov> wrote:

> Or I can stick with a variadic function and pass in the number of
> arguments:
> PetscMethodRegister(void (*f)(void), PetscInt nArgs, const char* arg1Type,

That's fine, but there should probably be a context with which it's
registered.

PetscMethodRegister(PetscMultiFList MatMFList,void(*f)(void),const char
*opname,PetscInt nargs,const char *arg1type,...);

In some ways, it would be nice to have a separate PetscMultiFList for each
opname. An alternative is to have one per type and dynamically create the
entry for each opname.