[petsc-dev] Multiphysics section in the User's Manual

Jed Brown jed at 59A2.org
Thu May 12 12:56:03 CDT 2011

In particular, DMComposite and PCFieldSplit are not documented in the manual
at all, but certainly deserve to be. PCFieldSplit would naturally be another
section in Preconditioning, but it has strong DMComposite and MatNest ties.
Is it worth having a whole chapter on multiphysics? It wouldn't be super
comprehensive for the petsc-3.2 release, but I foresee the subject growing
quite a bit.

I think I can get to this next week so I don't necessarily need someone else
to write the section, but I would like to sort out organization. (Some of
the content can come out of my thesis chapter on the subject.)