[petsc-dev] [petsc-maint #66751] Re: [petsc-users] Which preconditioners are scalable?

Jed Brown jed at 59A2.org
Thu Mar 31 02:53:46 CDT 2011

On Thu, Mar 31, 2011 at 02:50, Barry Smith <bsmith at mcs.anl.gov> wrote:

> Don't ask me, ask US!   I know Matt and Jed did a couple of things but
> don't know what is left to be done.
>
>   Everyone please chip in what needs to be done and if they can contribute.
> I think Hong finished the AO so she might be interested in tackling the rest
> of what needs to be resolved here and Satish can help here since she did
> much of the original ctable stuff.

I fixed a non-scalable row map in MatIncreaseOverlap_MPIAIJ_Once, there is a
new PetscLayoutFindOwner (cheap, binary searches the row map) which makes it
very easy. This change needs to be replicated for BAIJ:

changeset:   18476:59612080e9b0
user:        Jed Brown <jed at 59A2.org>
date:        Sun Mar 13 20:34:14 2011 +0100
summary:     Add PetscLayoutFindOwner and eliminate non-scalable "rtable"
from MatIncreaseOverlap_MPIAIJ_Once

The column map allocated at mpiov.c:1133,1134 and row map allocated at
mpiov.c:1177,1178 need to be replaced with a hash (PetscTable). I think
those are all the large allocations, can look more carefully another time.