[petsc-dev] Preconditioner for Schur complement (pcfieldsplit)

Jed Brown jed at 59A2.org
Tue Mar 29 06:02:12 CDT 2011

On Tue, Mar 29, 2011 at 12:55, Thomas Witkowski <
thomas.witkowski at tu-dresden.de> wrote:

> I have implemented a Schur complement solver based on the fieldsplit
> preconditioner, i.e., my code is executed with the option
> -pc_fieldsplit_type schur. How can I define a preconditioner Sp for the
> inner Schur complement solution? I want to define the preconditioner in an
> explicit way, thus build a matrix that should approximate S in some way!

See PCFieldSplitSchurPrecondition and (perhaps) PCShell. Perhaps if you give
a more specific example, we can give more specific suggestions.