[petsc-dev] Updated src/sys/examples/tutorials/ex5.c

Jed Brown jed at 59A2.org
Fri Mar 25 08:01:17 CDT 2011

On Thu, Mar 24, 2011 at 21:27, Barry Smith <bsmith at mcs.anl.gov> wrote:

> Unless Jed figures out a way to do it the current model is that with quad
> they are printed wrong and you need to manage their display yourself.

So libquadmath introduces the Q type qualifier so you can use %Qe, %Qf,
%Qg. Unfortunately libc is behind the times unless you have a bleeding-edge
version (inconvenient without disrupting the rest of your system). To deal
with not having a new enough libc, you can use quadmath_snprintf:

char buf[256];
quadmath_snprintf(buf,sizeof buf,"%Qg",my_float128);