[petsc-dev] MatNullSpaceDestroy

Barry Smith bsmith at mcs.anl.gov
Wed Mar 23 18:09:29 CDT 2011

On Mar 23, 2011, at 5:58 PM, Lisandro Dalcin wrote:

> Are you going to rename MatNullSpaceDestroy -> MatNullSpaceDestroy_
> and add the backward compatibility #define? Changeset 1a6f5fc1c27b
> broke petsc4py...

   No, it was changed to the &object paradigm.

   Basically what is happening now is that commonly used destroys are changed with the _ paradigm

   Uncommonly used destroy are fixed to use the &object paradigm.

   Don't like the fact that there are two paradigms well I could change everything to & immediately :-(

   Barry

   Eventually I want to switch to the &object paradigm for everything but I decided to be nice to Matt and leave the common ones with the same API so users don't have to change their codes much.