[petsc-dev] broken petsc-dev related mesh?

Barry Smith bsmith at mcs.anl.gov
Sat Mar 12 14:02:22 CST 2011

On Mar 12, 2011, at 1:54 PM, Jed Brown wrote:

> On Sat, Mar 12, 2011 at 20:46, Barry Smith <bsmith at mcs.anl.gov> wrote:
>   Absolutely correct and ETAGS/VTAGS/Eclipse stuff should be managed in such a way so that all these different search paradigms can be done using a single simple consistent way.  So, for example, I should be able to say search in source only, search in all non-generated files only, search in certain directories only, search in generated source code only etc etc.
>
> So there is a choice of "fix the universe" versus "live in the universe". Triage.

   My suggested triage is to improve the generation of various "tags" files so that we can perform the various searches via TAGS or Eclipse etc with various search parameters.

   Your suggested triage is to put the generated .html files "somewhere else" (and hence at the same time change other paradigms of PETSc) just so they don't get in the way of simple minded search techniques.

   I think my triage is more forward looking and less disruptive.