[petsc-dev] DMDA_*PERIODIC and DMDA_XYZGHOSTED

Lisandro Dalcin dalcinl at gmail.com
Fri Mar 11 10:25:57 CST 2011

On 11 March 2011 13:16, Ethan Coon <ecoon at lanl.gov> wrote:
> The IOR() intrinsic does this in every fortran compiler I've been able
> to test (gnu, pgi, intel, absoft) (yes, I find it sad that I have that
> many fortran compilers available to me here... I think we have nag
> somewhere as well...).
>
> Will clean them out.

Hey, we have a serious issue with C++! Sorry, I've just realized. See below:

$ cat cpp_enum.cpp
enum Enum {A=0,B=1};
void foo(Enum e){}
void test() {foo(A|B);}

$ g++ cpp_enum.cpp
cpp_enum.cpp: In function ‘void test()’:
cpp_enum.cpp:3: error: invalid conversion from ‘int’ to ‘Enum’
cpp_enum.cpp:3: error:   initializing argument 1 of ‘void foo(Enum)’

We have two options:

1) Change the argument of DMDASetBoundaryType to "int", do the same
with the 'wrap' slot in DM_DA structure.

2) Change to the cleaner API I've suggested in my previous mail (with
OK from Barry).

--
Lisandro Dalcin