[petsc-dev] PC ML Setup Error

Barry Smith bsmith at mcs.anl.gov
Thu Jun 30 16:50:07 CDT 2011

  We need a "hard" reset for PCMG that actually destroys all the level information allowing it to be rebuilt with a different number of levels or we could change management of PCMG from an array of level information to a linked list allowing more to be added or some to be removed without affecting the others.

  I don't want to just remove all the levels and build a totally new one because then any specific solver options that may have been set for the various levels will be lost. This was the reason for the introduction of KSP and PCReset() so that info in general is not lost, but it is not a perfect solution in complicated situations like MG where the number of levels may change.

   Barry