[petsc-dev] Promote MatShellSetOperation() and MatShellSetContext() to Mat

Jed Brown jed at 59A2.org
Mon Jun 6 06:48:35 CDT 2011

On Mon, Jun 6, 2011 at 13:44, Dmitry Karpeev <karpeev at mcs.anl.gov> wrote:

> A related matter: should there be a way to reset the MatSetValuesLocal
> method?

PCShellSetOperation() can reset any operation.

> The setting of local values frequently depends on factors other than
> the type of the matrix.

That's what the ISLocalToGlobalMapping is for.

> The default implementation depends only on the class (Mat) rather than
> the type (e.g., MATMPIAIJ)
> of the matrix.

The definition of the "local space" is something that should not depend on
the implementation.

It calls through mat->ops->setvalueslocal, so I don't understand your
concern.