[petsc-dev] getting processor for off proc value

Barry Smith bsmith at mcs.anl.gov
Fri Jul 8 16:40:02 CDT 2011

   Jed,

     Are we planning on making the VecScatter the communications central for PETSc?

     I can add a VecScatterGetFromRank()  (ugly name) that returns the rank for each received entry; there might be enough information to do this without any additional communication.  There could also be a VecScatterGetToRank() (ugly name) indicating the process to whom we are sending data. Etc etc.

   Barry