[petsc-dev] CUDA sm_13 for double

Satish Balay balay at mcs.anl.gov
Wed Jan 12 21:22:25 CST 2011

There is deviceQuery example that shows the version. Perhaps we have
to write a small test that replicates this example code.

balay at bb30:~/NVIDIA_GPU_Computing_SDK/C/bin/linux/release>./deviceQueryDrv |grep Capability
  CUDA Capability Major/Minor version number:    1.3
  CUDA Capability Major/Minor version number:    1.3

Potential issues:
- the machine has 2 nvidia cards with different version
- the card is locked by a different user - running cuda code [at configure time]
- the compile node doesn't have the nvidia cards [like on a cluster..]

satish