[petsc-dev] CUDA sm_13 for double

Filippo Spiga filippo.spiga at disco.unimib.it
Wed Jan 12 03:48:40 CST 2011

Dear Barry,
    I guess the best is to probe directly the GPUs instaled on the system
using the NVIDIA CLI tool called nvidia-smi. Command line options "-a" or
"-q" report the model. The problem will be parse the information in the
sdtout. Maybe we can ping NVIDIA to improve the output to be more
"machine-readable". It changes if drivers change. It can be very annoying (I
am speaking for direct experience)....

Regards

--
Filippo SPIGA, MSc Computer Science
~ homepage: http://tinyurl.com/fspiga ~

«Nobody will drive us out of Cantor's paradise.»
    -- David Hilbert