[petsc-dev] Trying to get the CMake instructions to work, unsuccessfully

Jed Brown jed at 59A2.org
Wed Feb 2 10:21:21 CST 2011

On Wed, Feb 2, 2011 at 13:12, Richard Tran Mills <rmills at climate.ornl.gov>wrote:

> Thanks for your responses.  However, that is the first thing that I tried:
>
> rmills at ubuntu:~/proj/petsc-dev$ make -C ubuntu-gnu_g/
> make: Entering directory `/home/rmills/proj/petsc-dev/ubuntu-gnu_g'
> make: *** No targets specified and no makefile found.  Stop.
> make: Leaving directory `/home/rmills/proj/petsc-dev/ubuntu-gnu_g'
>
> Then I assumed that the instructions meant to say 'cmake', not 'make'.
> What is supposed to generate the makefile that gets used?

configure should have generated petsc-dev/ubuntu-gnu_g/Makefile if cmake was
found.  Try

rm -r CMake* ubuntu-gnu_g/CMake*
# reconfigure if ubuntu-gnu_g/conf/PETScConfig.cmake is missing
# otherwise you can just run config/cmakeboot.py (faster)
make -C ubuntu-gnu_g