[petsc-dev] broken builds

Jed Brown jedbrown at mcs.anl.gov
Tue Aug 30 14:04:13 CDT 2011

On Tue, Aug 30, 2011 at 14:01, Barry Smith <bsmith at mcs.anl.gov> wrote:

> Make sure you rm ${PETSC_ARCH}/conf/prometheus before running. Removing the
> external package is not enough to force a rebuild.

Yeah, I suspect this was the issue because I fresh build worked fine for me.

How about --download-package=rebuild actually rebuilding the package and
then setting plain --download-package in reconfigure-arch.py? Then maybe
--rebuild-externalpackages apply the same stunt to all --download packages?

It's lame to have to delete these package files manually and there isn't
even a nice way to glob them.