[petsc-dev] (no subject)

Barry Smith bsmith at mcs.anl.gov
Mon Aug 22 10:14:19 CDT 2011

From: Yvan Notay <ynotay at ulb.ac.be>
Date: Fri, 19 Aug 2011 06:25:01 -0400
Subject: Algebraic Multigrid Software

We are pleased to announce the release of AGMG 3.0, a software package
that implements an aggregation-based algebraic multigrid method.

AGMG comes either as a function that may be called from Matlab
environment, or as a Fortran 90 subroutine that may be linked with an
application program.  Both versions have been designed to be easy to
use by non experts (in a black box fashion).  A Fortran 90 parallel
implementation is also provided.

Version 3.0 is a major release that integrates our latest research
efforts.  The aggregation procedure is now based on the explicit
control of some quality indicators. This allows to guarantee
theoretical convergence properties for some class of input matrices.
For general matrices, this makes the method more robust and the
convergence slightly faster on average than with the previous
versions.

For further details and download, see
http://homepages.ulb.ac.be/~ynotay/AGMG