[petsc-dev] Scotch

Barry Smith bsmith at mcs.anl.gov
Fri Aug 19 22:45:02 CDT 2011

   Questions for anyone with knowledge on this subject:

      Are Scotch and ptscotch different packages?

     How come the download site has scotch_5.1.11.tar.gz and scotch_5.1.11_esmumps.tar.gz and neither mentions ptscotch do one or both of them contain ptscotch? Do either contain scotch? What is the mumps business in the name?

     If this uses ptscotch why is the call in the source code SCOTCH_dgraphBuild()? and doesn't mention pt?

     If scotch and ptscotch are different shouldn't scotch.py be called ptscotch.py?

     Pastix seems to use either scotch or ptscotch?  Will anyone ever fix the install of pastix.py for PETSc? Will that require a --download-scotch that installs sequential scotch?

    Barry