[petsc-dev] [petsc-maint #71297] Problem installing PETSc

Barry Smith bsmith at mcs.anl.gov
Sat Apr 23 20:46:05 CDT 2011

  Robert,

    Unfortunately we don't have much access to Solaris for testing.  You will need to do two things to get it compiled

1) edit $PETSC_ARCH/include/petscconf.h and remove all the lines that mention ISINF

2) edit src/sys/objects/options.c and remove the two lines

#define _XOPEN_SOURCE 600
#define _BSD_SOURCE

then rerun make; do not rerun ./configure. If you want to make another PETSC_ARCH you will need to remove the ISNF after running the second configure.

   Satish and Jed,

     Looks like we need a patch to deal with the "illegal" placement of XOPEN_SOURCE and BSD_SOURCE in the source code so this issue doesn't keep coming up.

   Satish,

     Also backport the patch for isinf test that Matt and I recently added to petsc-dev

Thanks

   Barry