[petsc-dev] DACreate3d should work for 1 node in Z

Jed Brown jed at 59A2.org
Tue Apr 19 15:25:16 CDT 2011

On Tue, Apr 19, 2011 at 22:19, Ethan Coon <ecoon at lanl.gov> wrote:

> At any rate, I'll fix the error message in 2D and add it to 3D to only
> error in the cases that actually currently break.  Doing
> DMDA_BOUNDARY_PERIODIC with P=1 and s > zl (the multiple-wraps around
> the domain case) will take more thought...

The special case of 1 is probably the most important since it is the minimal
size for a 3D method running a 2D problem. Multiple wraps gets hairy pretty
quickly and it doesn't seem important to support in the short term. It's
certainly less important than general 3D domains with some bits empty (since
this comes up frequently for coarse levels of multigrid).