[petsc-dev] PetscBag not a PetscObject?

Ethan Coon ecoon at lanl.gov
Fri Apr 8 12:29:20 CDT 2011

I'm using a couple of bags in an application, and that application is in
turn being used in a domain-decomposition algorithm with multiple
domains (each an instance of the application).  So I'd like to set the
options prefix of the bag, so that each application instance has its own
prefix and can be used with the same options "database."  Currently
PetscBag passes PETSC_NULL for the prefix.

To fix this, it looks like the best option would be to have a
PetscBagSetOptionsPrefix() in the same mold as everything else.  I added
this, and then found out that PetscBag isn't a PetscObject, in the sense
that it has no header or CLASS_ID (so PetscObjectSetOptionsPrefix()
doesn't work on a bag).

Is this the best way forward, to make PetscBag a PetscObject, with
CLASS_ID, etc?  And if so, is there a good example of this that I should
follow to do so?

Thanks,

Ethan

--