[petsc-dev] [Fortran] MatLoad() error: MatLoad is not supported for type: mpiaij!

Leo van Kampenhout lvankampenhout at gmail.com
Fri Sep 3 10:50:24 CDT 2010

Thanks. Following this conversation closely, i have already built petsc with
--with-debugging=0 and found that then thing work better there. Until there
is a ultimate fix I'm perfectly happy with that.

Even on my cluster, I can now run the program for 2,4,8 cores. But there is
always a catch... with 10 cores, GMRES breaks down! (see below) Sorry to
bother you with this, it seems unrelated at first sight. Should I issue a
new thread for this?

Regards, Leo

[5]PETSC ERROR: --------------------- Error Message
------------------------------------
[5]PETSC ERROR: Nonconforming object sizes!
[5]PETSC ERROR: Mat mat,Vec y: local dim 210161 213282!
[5]PETSC ERROR:
[5]PETSC ERROR: Petsc Development HG revision:
6da7d8c5aaa81099861622f4e6bf1087652253a7  HG Date: Fri Sep 03 15:06:40 2010
+0200
[5]PETSC ERROR: See docs/changes/index.html for recent updates.
[5]PETSC ERROR: See docs/faq.html for hints about trouble shooting.
[5]PETSC ERROR: See docs/index.html for manual pages.
[5]PETSC ERROR:
[5]PETSC ERROR: ./main on a linux-opt named node164 by s1459295    Fri Sep
[5]PETSC ERROR: Libraries linked from
/home/s1459295/install/petsc-dev/linux-optimized/lib
[5]PETSC ERROR: Configure run at Fri Sep  3 15:28:20 2010
[5]PETSC ERROR: Configure options --with-debugging=0
[5]PETSC ERROR:
[5]PETSC ERROR: MatMult() line 1976 in src/mat/interface/matrix.c
[5]PETSC ERROR: KSPInitialResidual() line 55 in
src/ksp/ksp/interface/itres.c
[5]PETSC ERROR: KSPSolve_GMRES() line 236 in src/ksp/ksp/impls/gmres/gmres.c
[5]PETSC ERROR: KSPSolve() line 427 in src/ksp/ksp/interface/itfunc.c