[petsc-dev] changed ISCreateGeneral/NC/WithArray()

Jed Brown jed at 59A2.org
Sun Oct 3 18:23:16 CDT 2010

We agree about flexibility, I'm just not convinced that extra arguments is
necessarily more user-friendly than different functions, though I fully
understand having a single man page being desirable.

Freeing the array is being dishonest about (casting away) const.

Jed

On Oct 4, 2010 1:17 AM, "Barry Smith" <bsmith at mcs.anl.gov> wrote:

On Oct 3, 2010, at 6:12 PM, Jed Brown wrote:

> Here at least PETSC_COPY_MODE doesn't really make s...
  I don't understand this sentence.  It is not my intention that the single
function has more flexibility then having the three functions, just the same
flexibility in a more user friendly way.

> Also, separate functions can actually be const-correct. As I see it, the
only downside of separat...
  Well, what does it mean to be const correct in the NC and WithArray case?
The public interface with it declared as const is correct because the IS is
not allowed to change those values ever.  So I think the current const is
correct.

  Barry