[petsc-dev] changed ISCreateGeneral/NC/WithArray()

Jed Brown jed at 59A2.org
Sun Oct 3 18:17:33 CDT 2010

PETSC_GRANT_OWNERSHIP? Maybe not better.

Jed

On Oct 4, 2010 1:10 AM, "Barry Smith" <bsmith at mcs.anl.gov> wrote:

On Oct 3, 2010, at 5:58 PM, Jed Brown wrote:

> Can anyone think of a better mnemonic, I find PETSC...
  It is PETSC_OWN_POINTER (so clearly it is ambiguous because you didn't
read the man page :-).

  I agree with you about the mnemonic not being great, but couldn't come up
with something short and not using CS-slang like deep copy versus shallow
copy....

  It could be PETSC_OWN_VALUES and PETSC_USE_VALUES instead of pointer ?
PETSC_TAKE_OWNERSHIP_OF_VALUES is too long.

  Barry