[petsc-dev] MatDestroy_MUMPS

Jed Brown jed at 59A2.org
Thu May 20 17:23:18 CDT 2010

I'm not a fan of invalid frees so I pushed this thing which seems to
Work for Me.  Could one of you involved in this check if it's correct?

  changeset:   15992:979f106f87fc
  tag:         tip
  user:        Jed Brown <jed at 59A2.org>
  date:        Fri May 21 00:14:23 2010 +0200
  files:       src/mat/impls/aij/mpi/mumps/mumps.c
  MUMPS: Must use Free2 and Free3 with Malloc2 and Malloc3

Instead of this super fragile code (which duplicates both creation logic
and knowledge of internals of ConvertToTriples_*_*), how about adding a
member describing how the memory was allocated, or allocate zero space
for the val member (into a val_allocated member if you need (lu->val) to
be false).

Jed