[petsc-dev] [petsc-maint #46438] CONFIGURATION CRASH

Lisandro Dalcin dalcinl at gmail.com
Wed May 19 22:08:31 CDT 2010

On 19 May 2010 22:26, Matthew Knepley <petsc-maint at mcs.anl.gov> wrote:
> On Thu, May 20, 2010 at 1:00 AM, Barry Smith <bsmith at mcs.anl.gov> wrote:
>>
>>   We need to get rid of cygwin ASAP, this is just absurd. Everyone is
>> having these problems!
>
> I totally agree. Preferably before June 20. Are there free compilers that do
> not require Cygwin?
> Also, do we have a builder.py regression?
>    Matt

MinGW on Win 32 (actually, XP and Vista) works well for me (can build
mpi4py against MPICH2, DeinoMPI and even MS MPI (aka MS HPC Cluster
Pack), also all Cython testsuite (lots of C code calling Python C-API)
pass). Not sure about the status in Windows 64.

Additionally, MS VC++ Express is free to use.

--
Lisandro Dalcin