[petsc-dev] -vecscatter_window

Jed Brown jed at 59A2.org
Tue Mar 30 19:33:10 CDT 2010

On Sun, 28 Mar 2010 21:56:58 -0500, Barry Smith <bsmith at mcs.anl.gov> wrote:

>     Jed,
>
>       My guess is that it is a fine patch.
>
>       I put the MPI2 vecscatter together without much thought or
> testing (it is probably no properly tested in make alltests).

It certainly wasn't tested because it didn't work in 3.0.0.  I thought I
had fixed it when I eliminated some errors pre-3.1 and got correct
results on 2 procs with bs=1, but there were still lingering bugs since
I clearly forgot to test it on a real problem.  I've fixed these and
added -vecscatter_window to runex19_5 in 3.1 so that it is tested and
not necessarily broken (indeed, I think it is correct now).

Jed