[petsc-dev] close ts-fixes branch?

Kai Germaschewski kai.germaschewski at unh.edu
Thu Mar 25 14:51:28 CDT 2010

On Thu, Mar 25, 2010 at 3:12 PM, Matthew Knepley <knepley at gmail.com> wrote:

I do not understand what distinction is being made here. Doing a clone is
> cleaner than doing a branch, and I see
> no real benefit from the branch. Is there any?

That was basically my point, clone and branches are conceptually doing the
same thing, only difference being named vs unnamed. However, you guys
convinced me that the permanent clutter from named branches is a good reason
to not use them, so I won't in the future.

(By the way, one advantage of in-repo branches is that you don't have to
keep a number of trees around, as you can easily switch in-tree. Of course
that's more useful if one has makefiles which actually only does necessary
recompiles..)

Thanks for pointing out the rebase extension, I didn't know that.

--Kai