[petsc-dev] PETSC's compilation

David sheehan david.sheehanjr at gmail.com
Tue Mar 23 18:07:01 CDT 2010

I try openmpi, there are the following error,

./configure --prefix=/home/David/petsc300p11_openmpi --with-cc=gcc
--with-cxx=g++ --with-fc=ifort --download-openmpi=1 --download-hypre=1
             Configuring PETSc to compile on your system
TESTING: check from
config.libraries(config/BuildSystem/config/libraries.py:126)
         UNABLE to CONFIGURE with GIVEN OPTIONS    (see configure.log for
details):
Currently --download-openmpi option does not work with --prefix install.
Suggest installing OpenMPI separately, and then configuring PETSc with
--with-mpi-dir option.

How to fix it? thanks.

David