[petsc-dev] PETSC's compilation

David sheehan david.sheehanjr at gmail.com
Mon Mar 22 15:23:26 CDT 2010

Hi,
I am trying to compile the PETSC with hypre. I have Intel FORTRAN, openmpi
and  lam
MPI  (gcc version 3.4.6 (Red Hat 3.4.6-3)) available.

Since my application code is in FORTRAN with dynamic memory allocation in
the code,
so I have to use Intel FORTRAN(ifort) as the compiler to link PETSC with my
application
code. I can build up PETSC(petsc-3.0.0-p11) plus hypre with Lam MPI but
without ifort
successfully. However I can not use ifort to link the PETSC with my
application success-
fully. The link always shows erros about "undefined reference" to MPI parts
in my application
code such as 'mpi_send_', 'mpi_recv_', 'mpi_waitany_', 'mpi_get_count_',
and etc.

Can any one help me out? thanks in advance.

Best Regards,

David